Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Runner Girl

I realized yesterday that my training for the MCM starts in two weeks. Fourteen days. Yikes!

Looking at the training plan all laid out it is hard to believe that I will get to the point of running 10+ miles very consistently. But I remember doing it last year and I did it. It didn't seem so daunting after awhile.

I like running. I do. I like running in the heat. Running provides a lot of time for introspection. I am alone with my thoughts and no agenda. I let them flow in their free form.

Yesterday I was thinking about how far I've come since college - emotionally. Then I thought about how my mindset has been shaped by some of those early relationships. I get deep! I also think about boys and love and yesterday I was also thinking about wedding dresses. Specifically how when I get married I won't wear a poofy princess dress. That's not my style.

My knee hurts today which is unfortunate, but I'm working on strengthening my hips / IT band and stretching more consistently so hopefully that will help. In two and a half weeks I will need to run eight miles. Yesterday I ran 4.6. I'm in good shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment